Vulnerability Assessment plus exam
This exam (VA+), developed by NCSC and IASME, is a requirement for all Cyber Essentials Plus assessors that do not have a Lead Assessor qualification.
The exam is run remotely and is split into 4 sections, all of which must be passed by obtaining 60% or more in each:
- Multiple choice paper – 1 hour
- Vulnerability Scan – 30 minutes
- Essay – 2 hours
- Viva – 15 minutes
The cost of the exam is £500 + vat per person
If you would like to book a re-sit please contact [email protected] Please note that the following re-sit criteria applies:
You will need to wait 4 weeks before re-sitting the exam
The re-sit needs to be taken within 3 months of original date
If you have failed 1 or two modules you may re-sit at the following costs:
- Multiple Choice – £100
- Longform – £400
- Practical – £400
A combination of any two of the above re-sit costs will not exceed £500.
If you fail the re-sit then you will be required to re-sit the entire exam after 4 weeks and before 3 months at the cost of £500.
- Provide an overview of the vulnerability assessment process.
- Learn about tools used during the vulnerability assessment process.
- Understand the underlying concepts of TCP/IP, Ports and Protocols.
- Apply critical thinking to solve problems encountered during an assessment
Apply tools and techniques to assess:
- external facing interfaces.
- internal interfaces
- the threat of malware (Antimalware solutions, Application whitelisting)
- Assess the threat of common external attacks (Email, SMS etc)
- Assess the threat of common internal attacks (Web Applications, Downloads)
- Report/Explain Vulnerabilities found
- Understand Information security in the corporate world.
- Understand the laws and regulations involved with vulnerability assessing
- Understand quantifying and measuring risks associated with vulnerabilities
- Understand how to find internal and external vulnerabilities
- Understand how to test hardening measures for malware
- Report and explain vulnerabilities found throughout a project.
Book to take the exam
Please contact us to find out the next dates available to take this exam and book a place
Find Out More
Have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions or speak to our team